Job Title: Head of Commercial Operations (US)
Reports To: CEO
Location: To be based in the USA – location to be agreed with successful candidate.
The Head of Commercial Operations is responsible for managing all brands, distribution channels, marketing and sales resources for the Company in the USA. They will provide leadership and co-ordination of the Company’s US Sales and Marketing functions. They will keep abreast of trends and market conditions to provide strategic advice and direction to the senior management team.
They will develop and implement all marketing, sales and channel distribution strategies and related plans, programs and functions to achieve the Company’s ambitious goals and targets for the US Market. They will manage relationships with current and prospective customers and channel partners to ensure that long term relationships are developed and maintained with these key stakeholders.
They will build a strong US Sales and Marketing team from the ground-up in accordance with company plans and effectively manage and drive a remote team. This will include hiring and overseeing management of the team and ensuring they are properly resourced and developed to achieve targets.
- Develop and implement the companies Commercial Strategy according to the Company goals and objectives aiming to accelerate growth.
- Develop and understand the Company’s markets, distribution channels, market segments, partner and buyer organisations, competitors, clinical influences, and user behaviours and ensure these needs are being met.
- Set up, lead, and develop the Company’s US Sales & Marketing Organisation on a day-to-day basis and overall responsibility for delivering the planned and agreed US sales numbers whilst adhering to regulatory requirements, best practice and company policies.
- Develop and implement Product launch plans with distributors, partners, and other key stakeholders internally and externally.
- Business and market development, customer management, management of market research, strategic direction for promotion and advertising, sales growth and customer satisfaction and feedback to R&D and other internal support areas.
- The development of the US Sales and Marketing organisation, processes, and systems to ensure they are robust and built to scale.
- Monitor performance of commercial activities using key metrics and prepare reports for senior management whilst maintaining company culture and values.
- Assist in setting financial targets and budget development and monitoring.
- Support the Company in the US Market and other areas as requested from time to time.
- Proven track record of directing and managing a Sales and Marketing Organisation, including new product launches, sales, and marketing of disruptive medical devices.
- Experience of successfully developing and implementing a Sales and Marketing strategy and related plans to successful execution, in the life sciences industry.
- Management of extensive ‘push’ (through distributors) and ‘pull’ (through advertising and social media) sales and marketing campaigns and programs.
- Successful management of Partner Distributor relationships to ensure maximum focus, effort and sales.
- Solid knowledge of performance reporting and financial/budgeting processes.
- Experience of managing people and ensuring that all sales and marketing talent are trained, motivated, and performing highly on a consistent basis.
- Highly motivated individual with a strong work ethic, ambition with technical and soft skills to deliver on talent.
- Have a significant interest in user needs, product development, and the process of bringing solutions to market.
- Excellent communication skills that can harness and develop internal and external engagement.
- Experience in setting up new marketing teams that work across multiple time zones
- Commercial awareness and experience in the enteral feeding market preferential
- Knowledge of and experience in Medical Devices industry.
- Proven experience in building and maintaining relationships with Key clients.
- Proven experience in Senior Commercial Operations Role
- Solid strategic planning abilities and business acumen
- Proven track record in leading projects to a successful completion
- BSc/BA required with 7-10 years’ experience preferred in healthcare/medical device industry.
- Proven track record in successfully launching new products and managing projects.
Applications to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org