Location: To be based at the Company’s offices at GMIT Innovation Centre in Galway.
The Company’s first product is currently being reviewed by the US regulatory authorities (FDA) for approval in the US. The Company is planning an initial market commercial launch in the US in late 2021. The appointment of a Financial Controller at this time is both commercially and operationally critical for the Company, and also provides a tremendous opportunity for the appropriate financial professional to put their imprint on the Company at a key stage in its development.
The is a new role and a unique opportunity as the first dedicated internal financial position in the Company. This position will have overall responsibility for all strategic and operational aspects of the financial affairs of the Company. The Financial Controller will be responsible for building the financial function from ground up, and will receive the necessary internal and external resources to grow the financial function as the Company expands over time.
- Install, develop and maintain financial & operational reporting systems that will deliver best in class financial reporting across the organisation in the required timeframes.
- Carry out to best practice all necessary financial planning, budgeting and forecasting for the Company.
- Determine and update Financial KPI’s for the Company in conjunction with management. Track actual results versus KPI’s on a monthly basis and propose solutions for any adverse variances that may arise.
- Determine annual objectives for the Finance area in conjunction with the management team and report on progress on a monthly basis.
- Ensure that all of the necessary systems of internal controls and regulatory compliance are in place across the Company and are operating effectively.
- Provide high quality financial and operational advice and guidance to the CEO and Management Team.
- Delivering high quality support to the CEO in relation to fundraising, grant applications and grant drawdown management including the various timely requirements attached to these activities.
- Manage the Company’s cash flow including efficient management of working capital, managing required funding cycles and management of banking relationships.
- Manage the financial, legal and operational aspects of the Company’s international operations.
- Managing all key external relationships effectively – including auditors, banks, taxation authorities, insurance providers, debtors, creditors and regulators.
- Manage the taxation affairs for the Company which will include preparing and filing all necessary taxation returns and liaising with the various taxation advisers both in Ireland and internationally.
- Manage the preparation of various Company Statutory Financial Statements including liaising with the auditors and audit committee.
- Management of the Company’s Corporate Secretarial Function including ensuring that all necessary filings are made on time.
- Provide significant input and support to the CEO and Management team in relation to contractual issues from a financial and legal perspective.
- Provide support to the CEO in relation to Investor Relations. This will include preparing and delivering on committed to shareholder information requirements.
- Provide day to day support to the CEO on an as required basis.
- Any other activities that may be required by the Company from time to time.
Qualifications & Role Requirements:
- Degree/Masters in Business/Accounting.
- Qualified Accountant with 5+ years post qualification experience preferably in a similar role with a solid commercial and strategic track record.
- Experience within the medical technology sector, ideally with international experience.
- Prior experience operating as or with members of a senior management team.
- Ability to represent the Company at a high level externally.
- High level of interpersonal skills and ability to work cohesively with management team.
- Flexibility to work independently when required and adapt to a fast changing, dynamic environment in a results-oriented manner.
- Occasional travel globally, as and when required.
Applications to be emailed to email@example.com