Location: To be based at the Company’s offices at GMIT Innovation Centre in Galway.
The Development Test Technician will be responsible for the execution of testing related to Design Verification of devices, as guided by the Verification Protocols. They will identify and liaise with external test houses on external test requirements and support the development of test protocols as needed. The Test Technician will provide support to our external manufacturing partners on the development and maintenance of any in-line product tests required. They will assist investigations into production or field issues that require product test and subsequent analysis.
- Support, as required, the Test Method Validation and gauge R&R activities for all tests / measurements required.
- Identify improved test and metrology methods that will result in the improvement of the test capability of the company
- Management of the maintenance and calibration of all internally held test and measurement equipment
- Investigation of test failures and establishing root causes.
- Executing development tests, compiling technical reports, and presenting findings.
- Analysing test data and trend analysis.
- Support in the development, build and continuing operation and of test rigs required by our manufacturing partners.
- Assisting investigations into production issues that require data analysis.
- Produce test method and design documentation that ensures a successful transition to production.
- Identify and understand quality standards (e.g. ISO) applicable to product development and production.
- Provide support to Company team members, as required.
Qualifications & Skills Required
- Level 8 degree in a relevant Engineering or food science discipline.
- 1 to 2 years of relevant experience in the medical device or food industry
- Strong written and spoken communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills, with good attention to detail.
- Self-starter, with the ability and initiative to work on your own.
- Strong organisational skills and time management.
- Familiarity and experience of the use of structured problem-solving approaches.
- Experience of both destructive and non-destructive test methods.
- Enthusiastic ‘hands-on’ approach.
- Team player who can effectively work with cross-functional groups and actively manage relationships.
- Strong technical writing skills and good documentation practice.
- Experience in the design of test rigs and fixtures design
- Good understanding of the use of statistical methods
- Proficient in the use of Minitab, or similar statistical analysis tools
- Familiar with the use of Design of Experiments tools
- Familiar with the use of data acquisition methods
- Experience of the use of CAD software
Applications to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org